Index Previous Page Next Page
World War One: June, 1915
1. Austrians occupy Stryj.
3. Austro-Germans recapture Przemysl.
British on the Tigris occupy Amara.
5. Final actions of the Second Battle of Ypres close with Bixschoote and Lizerne again in allied hands, but with Hill 60, St. Julien, and Zonnebeke in German possession.
9. Russians resume offensive in Galicia.
The American government, "contending for nothing less high and sacred than the rights of humanity," renews its demands upon Germany.
11. The Italians capture Gradisca.
16. French capture Althof and Steinbruck.
17. Italians capture important heights in the Gorizia sector.
21. General Pétain completes the capture of the "Labyrinth," bringing to a close the great Battle of Artois. While failing of its main object, namely, the capture of the important coal-field and railway center of Lens, the conflict proved that German positions of considerable depth could be carried by sufficient artillery and mining preparation. In this prolonged struggle each side is estimated to have lost 60,000 men.
22. Austro-Germans recapture Lemberg.
28. Austro-Germans launch gigantic offensive against whole Russian line, the concentration for Mackensen's campaign to expel Russians from Galicia aggregating 2,000,000 men and 1500 heavy guns.