3. Austro-Germans, advancing into Galicia, are thrown back to Kolomea.
10. British attack German lines at Neuve Chapelle, capture the village but fail to gain the commanding ridge east of the town. The net result of this severe battle was an advance of about a mile on a 3-mile front, at a cost of 13,000 men.
12. British expedition under General Jan Smuts wins important victory at Kitovo Hills, German East Africa.
14. German cruiser "Dresden" sunk by British.
18. Great Anglo-French naval attack on inner forts of Dardanelles fails; three battleships lost.
20. Germans bombard Soissons cathedral.
22. Russians capture the great Austrian fortress of Przemysl, after a siege of four months, taking 120,000 prisoners.
28. British steamer "Falaba" sunk with an American citizen, Leon C. Thrasher, on board.
“I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.”
– Psalm 16:8i