Note:  Do not rely on this information. It is very old.

Milford

Milford, a parliamentary borough and seaport of Pembrokeshire, on the N. side of Milford Haven, nine miles S.W. of Haverfordwest and 282 miles W. of London by rail. The Haven is a magnificent sheet of water, 12 miles long and from one to two broad, with an average depth of about 17 fathoms; it is easily entered, and the numerous bays and creeks afford abundant shelter. The royal dockyard, constructed in 1790, was in 1814 removed to Pater, farther up the river.