Masulipatam, a town and seaport of the Kistna district, in the Madras Presidency, India, 215 miles N. of Madras. Once it was renowned for its chintzes on account of the brilliance and permanency of the dyes, and some weaving and printing is still carried on. It is an important missionary station. An agency was established in 1611, and a fort in 1622. In 1864 a storm wave caused much damage and the loss of 30,000 lives.