1. First meeting of the Allies' supreme war council at Versailles.
2. Surprise counter-attack by Germans near Cambrai forces British to give up a fourth of the ground gained by General Byng's advance of Nov. 20-22. Berlin claims the capture of 6000 British.
3. Bolshevik emissaries begin negotiations for an armistice with the Germans at Brest-Litovsk.
5. The British evacuate Bourlon Wood and other positions west of Cambrai.
6. Explosion of munitions vessel wrecks Halifax.
The Austro-Germans take Monte Sisemol on the Asiago plateau, capturing 4000 prisoners.
7. The United States declares a state of war exists with Austria-Hungary.
10. British forces under General Allenby occupy Jerusalem.
11. Powerful Austrian attacks against the Italians between the Brenta and the Piave are repulsed.
14. Allied naval council formed.
23. Austro-German forces on the Asiago plateau storm Col del Rosso and Monte Valbella, cutting off 6000 Italians from the main army.
“Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies."”
– John 11:25