St Pauls School
St. Paul's School was founded (1509-12) by Dean John Colet for 153 boys without restriction as to class or nationality. It was originally in St. Paul's Churchyard, and was burnt in 1666. Two later schools were built, and in 1884 it was removed, under a scheme of the Charity Commissioners, to West Kensington, and has accommodation for 500 boys, with a modern school for 500 boys and a school for 400 girls. Its governors are appointed partly by the Universities. There are exhibitions to Oxford, Cambridge, and Woolwich. Lilye was the first headmaster, and among noted Paulines were Samuel Pepys, the Duke of Marlborough, Judge Jeffreys, and Nelson.