Presburg (Magyar Poz-sony), a town in Hungary, standing on a height above the Danube, 34 miles E. of Vienna. Formerly the capital of Hungary, it still remains the seat of the Diet and the place of coronation of the kings. The royal palace overlooking the town has never been restored since the disastrous fire of 1811, but among existing structures are the fine Gothic cathedral of St. Martin, the Hall of Diet, and the palace of the Archbishops of Gran. Tobacco, silk, leather, paper, glass, and mirrors are the chief objects of industry, and there is a considerable trade in corn and other agricultural products. The Treaty of Presburg between France and Austria was concluded here in 1805.