Pesth, a Hungarian town on the left bank of the Danube, communicates with Buda by a suspension bridge, an iron bridge, and a railway bridge. It consists of an inner town - irregularly built, but containing some good buildings and a fine quay - and suburbs, where are the principal Government buildings, barracks, etc., and a quay 1-1/2 miles long lined with good houses. The university has a fine church and an extensive library, and there are two railway-stations. The town, which since 1873 has been united with Buda to form Budapest, is the most important town on the Danube after Vienna. Among the industries are ironworks, machine-, railway-, waggon-, engine- and boiler-making, and the production of jewellery, cutlery, glass, porcelain, and majolica. The neighbourhood produces corn, wine, wool, wood, and cattle.