Note:  Do not rely on this information. It is very old.

Muhlhausen

Muhlhausen, a manufacturing town in the district of Erfurt (Thuringia), North Germany, on the right bank of the Unstrut, 25 miles N.W. of Gotha. It became important in the 10th century, was the centre of Anabaptism after the Reformation, suffered much in the wars of the 18th century, and was ceded to Prussia in 1815. The weaving of cotton and woollen goods is the chief industry. Prosperous and well-built suburbs have grown up round the old town, which contains, among many ancient structures, the churches of the Virgin and St. Blasius, and a fine town-hall.