Note:  Do not rely on this information. It is very old.

Marienburg

Marienburg, a Prussian town 30 miles S.E. of Dantzig, stands on the Nogat, an affluent of the Vistula. "The Teutonic Knights built a castle here in 1274, and from 1309 till 1457, when it fell into the hands of the Poles, it was their headquarters. Frederick the Great added it to Prussia by the first partition. The Marienburger Schloss, which was restored in the first half of the 19th century, is one of the most interesting Gothic buildings in Europe.