Kirkcaldy, a seaport town on the Firth of Forth in Fifeshire, Scotland, 15 miles N. of Edinburgh. It was made a burgh of regality, holding of Dunfermline Abbey in 1334, and became a royal burgh in 1450. It is celebrated for its manufacture of linen cloth, and there are also potteries, and the growth of its shipping industry has been recently aided by the construction of a new harbour. St. Brycedale Free Church, built in 1881, is a fine building, and the town has two public libraries. With three other towns Kirkcaldy unites to form a district which returns a member to Parliament.