Henley, a town on the Oxfordshire bank of the Thames, 8 miles N.E. of Reading, and 24 miles S.E. of Oxford. The river here is crossed by a bridge with five arches, which was erected in 1786. The grammar school dates from the early years of the 17th century. Brewing and malting are carried on, and there is a large trade in corn and timber. The first Henley Regatta was held in 1839.