Fulham, a suburb of London, on the Middlesex bank of the Thames, opposite Putney, and 5-1/2 miles from St. Paul's. Long before the Conquest Fulham was associated with the see of London, and in the reign of Henry VII. Bishop Fitzjames built the modest red-brick palace in which his successors still reside for a portion of the year. The gardens of 40 acres, surrounded by a moat, are scarcely inferior to those of Lambeth. The parish church of All Saints in the Decorated English style is full of interesting monuments from that of Dr. Butts, Henry VIII.'s physician, down to the tomb of Theodore Hook. Many Bishops of London are buried here. Fulham contains an orphanage, a reformatory, and manufactories of pottery and other goods. Its population is rapidly increasing, and by the Reform Bill of 1885 it is constituted a separate borough, returning one member.