Note:  Do not rely on this information. It is very old.


Chamfer, in Architecture, (1) a slope or bevel, ordinarily produced by cutting away a corner so that the line produced by the cut makes obtuse angles with the sides formerly containing the right angle. (2) A rounded groove is sometimes called a "concave chamfer."