Bromley, a market-town in Kent, 10 miles S.E. of London. The parish is very extensive, including Plaistow, Sundridge, Bickley, Widmore, and other villages. Standing on high ground above the Ravensbourne river, the place has during the last thirty years become a favourite residence, and the population grows rapidly. Bishop Warner's College, founded in 1666, provides a home for clergymen's widows, and the bishops of Rochester had a palace here, in the gardens of which was St. Blaize's Well - a mineral spring once in high repute. The church is Gothic and contains good monuments. The locality is served both by the South Eastern and London, Chatham and Dover Railways. There are several other villages and parishes of the same name in various parts of England.