Advocates' Library, a library belonging to the Faculty of Advocates in Edinburgh, founded by Sir George Mackenzie, of Rosebrough, Dean of Faculty, in the year 1682. The first librarian was appointed in 1686. In 1700 it was removed to Parliament House, where it still exists. It has the privilege of receiving a copy of every book entered at Stationers' Hall. The number of volumes is now computed at over 305,000.